Personal Injury

If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident or suffered a traumatic injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact us immediately. We offer free consultation. Whether your personal injury resulted from a collision involving another vehicle, such as a bus, train, truck or car, or from a fire, fall, crush or drop; if you are hurt by someone’s negligence, you need a lawyer.

We represent our clients, in these matters, on a contingency basis. Please contact us for details, we can help you at either our downtown, south side or west end offices. We can assist all over Alberta and have clients from Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Fort McMurray, Fort Saskatchewan, St. Albert, Morinville, Spruce Grove, and Stony Plain.

For over 25 years, our Personal Injury lawyers have been dedicated to assisting individuals during the stressful aftermath of a motor vehicle collision or other traumatic injury. We assist our clients with the resolution of their claims, providing them with strong representation to help deal with insurance companies and to protect and preserve their rights.

Motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian or cycling accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other wrongful acts which cause personal injury often require the assistance of a lawyer. Contact us immediately for your free consultation so we can get your claim on the right path.

How Will I Pay for a Lawyer?

If you are injured by someone else’s negligence, (their wrongful actions or lack of action), our lawyers will handle your claim on a Contingency fee basis.

This means that you will NOT PAY Legal Fees until you have settled the action and received the money from the at-fault driver’s insurance. We will cover the expenses of getting any necessary expert, medical, employment or tax information relevant to your case up front and generally recover those out of pocket expenses from the at-fault insurance company.

What do I do if I am in an accident?

Car accidents resulting in injury or greater than $1000 in damage must be reported to the police. If you are involved in an automobile accident, get the names, phone numbers and addresses of all the other motor vehicle owner, driver and all witnesses. Also, obtain the at-fault vehicle’s registration number, insurance company and policy number. Take pictures if you can.

If you are injured, ask someone with you to obtain the above information or, if you are alone, obtain a copy of the Accident Report and all information you can from the police as soon as you are able to speak with them

If you are injured, ensure you receive medical attention immediately. You are obligated to contact the insurance company of the motor vehicle you were in, whether or not it was yours. Under that vehicle’s insurance policy, you are entitled to Section B Benefits, which provide you a part of your income loss and accident-related medical expenses such as ambulance bills, prescriptions, and treatments like physiotherapy and chiropractor.

ONLY tell the police how the accident occurred or how you are hurt, no one else. You may provide basic information to your OWN insurance company, but speak with us as soon as possible before providing great detail. Contact a personal injury lawyer before speaking with the insurance adjuster representing the vehicle at-fault. We are likely to want to speak with the insurance companies for you to ensure you are treated fairly. The at-fault insurance will want to speak with you to settle quickly – but beware – this is rarely in your best interest.

Call a personal injury lawyer as soon as you are able. There are many steps which should be taken quickly after an accident. In some cases, there are special rules governing how soon notice must be given to the other party of your intention to seek compensation for your injuries. If those steps are missed, you may be unable to obtain funds to assist in your recovery.

What if the vehicle that hit me took off or is not insured?

If you are in a motor vehicle accident caused by a driver who leaves the scene or who is not insured, you still have remedies.

If the vehicle which hit you takes off from the scene before you can obtain any information from them, call the police immediately. The faster they can search for clues and witnesses, the easier it will be to track that vehicle down. If no driver is found, the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims fund may assist.

If you contact counsel within a reasonable time following the accident to ensure proper notice is given and steps are taken, you will receive compensation from a government run program in Alberta, which covers victims of uninsured drivers. Unknown drivers are also covered under this program.

Slip and Fall injuries

The Alberta Occupiers Liability Act says that a person or corporation which occupies a premise must take reasonable care to ensure the safety of visitors on the property.

Falls resulting in injuries usually occur when occupiers are not diligent in ensuring that floors, stairs, or sidewalks are clear and clean. If, in the course of attending a premise and taking adequate safety measures for yourself, (ie: sensible shoes and watching where you are going), there remains liquids or obstacles on floors or ice on the sidewalk, causing you to fall and be hurt, you may be compensated for those injuries.

Slip and Fall lawsuits are complicated and hotly contested by the property owners and managers. If you are injured in a fall, contact our office immediately to determine whether your injuries are likely compensable.

Contact Our Office

Suite 1200 Phipps McKinnon Bld, 10020 – 101A Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 3G2
Edmonton Law Office Map

4107 – 99 Street
Edmonton, AB T6E 3N4
Map & Directions

Find Out What We Can Do For You

We are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide you with legal advice that you can count on.